with “16 More Principles For The Advanced Animal Trainer” and “Best Practice”
This is the first edition of “The 20 Principles That All Animal Trainers Must Know.” This booklet is in a way a super concentrated course in animal learning and, although only 28 pages long, it will take you time to read and digest. Don’t rush thru it.
I wrote “The 20 Principles” in plain English so it should be accessible to all readers. Of course, I use technical terms, but they shouldn’t pose any problem for any reader because I define them all carefully and with examples.
I will update this booklet as necessary. Come back regularly to check if there are any updates.
v. 3 uploaded 09.03.13: clarification of the difference between conditional/unconditional and conditioned/unconditioned.
v. 2 uploaded 04.03.13: new cover and back cover, minor text improvements to improve clarity.
First edition v. 1 uploaded 04.02.13
Enjoy your reading!
PS—This is a free e-book for you to read on your computer. Please, don’t ask me for the possibility to print it, for as much as I love books, I also care for the trees of our planet. We’re planning versions for iPad and Kindle to be available soon.
Click the full-screen view icon for better reading. Zoom in and out as you please.
Sorry, this book is no longer available here. Please, visit Ethology Institute’s Online Bookstore.
- SMAF Manual (rogerabrantes.wordpress.com)
- Dog Training: Signals, Cues, Commands, Obedience and Punishment (rogerabrantes.wordpress.com)
- Signal and Cue—What is the Difference? (rogerabrantes.wordpress.com)
- Commands or Signals, Corrections or Punishers, Praise or Reinforcers (rogerabrantes.wordpress.com)
- Unveiling the Myth of Reinforcers and Punishers (rogerabrantes.wordpress.com)
- The Spectrum of Behavior (rogerabrantes.wordpress.com)